When to use it
"Table data" refers to information that sits in tables on the employee profile.
Tables allow you to import historical data or multiple entry data and includes: Work, Address, Children, Right to Work, Employment, Salary, Variable Pay, Deductions, Entitlements, Equity and Training sections.
You can also use this import to overwrite existing data by matching the effective dates.
How to do it
1. Choose if you're importing people data (Work, Address, Children, Right to Work, Training) or payroll data (Employment, Salary, Variable Pay, Equity, Deductions, Entitlements). You can access and download templates for all directly from bob.
Go to People > Import > Import Table Data > select from dropdown the relevant table > click on Import Table > you will be able to download the template once you click on the button.
2. Populate your template. Tip: have a look at the 'please read' page of the spreadsheet.
3. Once you have your data on the template you can upload it to bob. Select the table name, click on 'Import Table' and follow the prompts. Tip: make sure you select the correct sheet for the data you want to import.
4. Note that you must have the employees email address for this to work!
5. Once you've uploaded your sheet, bob will automatically flag any anomalies and values which need might need to be manually sorted.
6. Click import and you're done!
What happens if I have errors?
If your import doesn't match with bob, you'll get a bunch of errors. The easiest way to fix these is to download the error report from bob. This will give you a spreadsheet in the correct format for re-upload, with one line for each error.
In the last column of the data, you will find the error reason. Once you have corrected your data, you can use this same spreadsheet to upload the new information.
For more help with importing your data, contact us on the chat icon below.