Importing Employee Data
Use this for your first ever import or to add a bunch of new employees at one time. Find it in your People tab, under Import.
How to import
1. Use these steps in conjunction with the employee data template. You can access and download this directly from bob. Go to People > Import > click on Import People > the employee data template will download once you click on the button.
2. Make sure your sites have been defined as it is a required field in this template.
3. Once you have your data on the template you can upload it to bob. Click on 'Import People' again and follow the prompts. Tip: make sure you select the correct sheet for the data you want to import.
4. Once you've uploaded your sheet, bob will automatically flag any anomalies and values which need might need to be manually sorted:
5. Click next and you'll be presented with a mini report detailing rows that have successfully imported, as well as any errors. You can download this report to know what you need to fix and reimport.
You've now done your first import. Congratulations!
Updating and adding further Employee Information
Once you have created employees' profiles, you will need to do an update import to add additional information such as emergency contact info, financial details, etc.
You will also need to complete further imports to the different tables located on people's profiles such as the work or employment tables.
This process can also be followed to update people's data at any time to add more information.
Next, update people's data to add more relevant information to your employees's profiles!
If you prefer to start importing data to some of the tables on people's profiles (for example the work or employment tables), you can import table data next.
What happens if I have errors?
If your import doesn't match with bob, you'll get a bunch of errors. The easiest way to fix these is to download the error report from bob. This will give you a spreadsheet in the correct format for re-upload, with one line for each error.
In the last column of the data, you will find the error reason. Once you have corrected your data, you can use this same spreadsheet to upload the new information. Use the same button (import or update) that you used initially.
We recommend reading the "please read" tab on the template you have downloaded for tips and suggestions.
For more help with importing your data, contact us on the chat icon below.